tattoos

Friday, February 12, 2010

Stacks and Layers

The other day I went into campus to teach my class and to meet my friend and co-blogger for a cup of coffee at the library.  We snuck off into the stacks to take some photos, and we had also planned to take some pictures in some of the fabulous rocking chairs that the library has.   Unfortunately for us the library was packed with undergrads studying.  Now the sight of undergrads studying warms my  academic heart, but it's hard to take outfit photos inconspicuously when there are loads of people cramming for midterms everywhere. 

This is my serious reading face.  I've apparently made it since I was a small child.  My sister makes it, too, so it must be a family trait.

Due to the cold and snow I had a number of layers1 that day.  I'm wearing two pairs of tights and a dress as a shirt again so that I have a second skirt for warmth. 

1. Purple Dress - Target (remixed)
Cardi - Target (remixed)
Skirt - New York & Co. (remixed)
Black Tights - Target (remixed)
Purple Tights - Target (remixed)
Boots - John Fluevog (remixed)
Belt - remixed
Necklace - Boutique in Santiago de Compostela 
The headband I'm wearing is actually a sash from a dress that I bought at Zara. 

I think the blurriness in the second photo in addition to the color scheme kind of makes my outfit look like a work of impressionist art.

I'm going to spend most of the day today grading papers and in meetings.  Tomorrow will be another grading fest.  On Sunday, though, M. and I are going on a Valentine's Day double date with thechemist-coture and his husband to see an opera and to dinner.  What are your plans for Valentine's Day?  Is it the holiday that you hate to love or the holiday that you love to hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger