tattoos

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Weekly Works Cited: Blog Love Edition

Over the past couple of months, I've discovered some new or some new-to-me blogs.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.

Quintessentially Quirky.  I interviewed Tess, the lovely lady behind this blog, a few weeks back for our Style Perceptions Series.  After that interview, I started reading her blog regularly.  If all our college students wrote as well and thought as much as Tess does, we would be in good, good shape.


Scholar Style Guide.  Three grad students in English, Liz, Katie, and Anne-Marie blog about style and semiotics and offer further proof that style and smarts need not be mutually exclusive.  If you're an academic, you'll love the way that they structure their posts.



Pretty Little Pictures. Jen has such elegant, classy style, a love of vintage, and a gorgeous hair cut.  For those of you who are into wedding planning, Jen is currently in the initial stages of a largely DIY affair, and from the sneak peeks her dress looks amazing.


S. of Academichic has recently started a new blog about biking and sustainability, called Simply Bike.  I'm looking forward to reading about her cycling adventures as well as keeping up with her fantastic style and academic career.

I'd also love it if you checked out my new blog.  (Shameless self-promotion here - I know!)

For those of you who asked for a post about how my defense went, that's coming up in the next couple of days.  I also think we'll be having a giveaway soon, so stay tuned.  I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger