tattoos

Friday, June 18, 2010

Bicycle, Bicycle!

After much contemplation, I have decided to indefinitely postpone buying the awesome cruiser that I'm so tempted by.  There are several reasons for this: there is nothing wrong with my current bike, I haven't been biking all that frequently over the past couple of years so until I'm biking several days a week every week it's not a purchase I feel I can justify, I'm moving in a few weeks and I don't want to have to deal with moving one more largish item, and finally, after buying this bicycle dress, which I wore yesterday, I'm broke.1

1. Dress - Anthropologie
Belt - from another dress (remixed)
Sandals - Steve Madden (remixed)
Necklace - Boutique in Santiago de Compostela (remixed)
Sunnies - Oscar de la Renta (thrifted and remixed)
Bag - Target (remixed)
Bike - Schwinn (remixed)

I couldn't afford a new bike.  However, I could afford a basket for my bici.  I've been wanting one for years, but just never got around to it.  I might never have either, if I hadn't been participating in this round of LGRAB's Summer Games.  Here I am admiring my handiwork.
By the by, I was also wearing a pair of pettipants under my dress so that I didn't flash random joggers on the bike path or former students on campus. 
I also wore this outfit to a little dinner party last night that my adviser hosted for me to celebrate my successful defense.  I think this dress is going to quickly become one of my summer favorites -- as well it should so that I can get the cost per wear down to a reasonable number.

I'm going to a Pride Party tonight and then I'm heading out of town for a few days to house hunt and get oriented in my new town.  What's on your agenda for the weekend?  Do you have any bike rides planned?  Any fun social outings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger