tattoos

Friday, November 26, 2010

Dressing your Turkey and Black Friday Musings

Hello Fashionable Academic readers! I hope everyone stateside had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by somewonderful friends in my university community. A tradition that was started many years ago, and continues to grow each year. The first year I attended this dinner I was so excited to be asked to garnish the turkey (aka dress the bird!). Of course, I was thrilled. Each year I try to do something a little different for the presentation and I think it just adds a little fun to the event. This year, it was carved orange cranberry bowls, endive, radishes and scallions.

I just love to eat first with my eyes. And the sides looked equally tasty! Featured here a the requisite sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts and, of course, green been casserole.
Unfortunately, I didn't' get any photos of the lovely attendees (was too busy stuffing my face!) but, needless to say, everyone looked fabulous.

Another tradition with friends, is the somewhat controversial, always a spectacle, Black Friday. Up at 3 am, elbowing for deals, as a poor grad students, it's my one chance to nabs some serious deals on clothing and other "necessities" (well at least necessary during a shopping rampage). Did you Black Friday this year? Do you go overboard with shopping in the last months of the year?

So as I write this post, sleep deprived, but full of delicous food, I am wishing you, dear readers, the most wonderful start to the holiday season and a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger