tattoos

Monday, November 22, 2010

10/30, 11/30, 12/30: Sick Days

My outfits number 10 and 11 were never captured by camera for posterity.  After my half-marathon last Sunday, I took a shower and put on outfit 10 (18. Wonder Woman Graphic Tee - Old Navy + 7. Dark Wash Bootcut Jeans - Express) and then sat on the couch and watched football with my sister and brother-in-law.  Some napping may have also been involved.  Sunday night I became extremely ill, and I had to fly back home on Monday feeling incredibly weak and still rather under the weather.  Taking outfit photos was far from my mind, as I could barely stand up.  What I wore, though, for outfit #11 was very similar to outfit #9.  I swapped out the Fluevog Mary Jane's for my Steve Madden slouchy boots, buttoned the cardigan up, and added a grey patterned scarf.

I felt ill all week, but the show had to go on.  I had classes to teach and papers to grade and meetings to attend and a conference paper abstract to write.  I found myself gravitating to the brighter items in my 30x30 list, as well as to brightly colored DayQuil and NyQuil gel caps, in an effort to pep myself up.  I wore outfit #12 last Tuesday for a full day of teaching, grading, and the first part of a meeting of the student organization for which I am the faculty advisor.  I had been invited to a dinner for the birthday celebration of a colleague, but I knew I wasn't up for it.   When I got home, I managed to get a few photos before I put on my pjs and collapsed.  Please forgive their poor quality.
 30x30 Items: 12. Shifting Buttons Skirt - Anthropologie + 19. Grey Top - Zara + 21. Yellow Embellished Cardi - New York & Co. + 26. Bondgirls - John Fluevog
Accessories: Earrings - ??? (Gift)
When you're feeling ill, but you still have to teach or go to work, do you find yourself reaching for bright colors in an attempt to fake being energetic and feeling normal, like I do?  What do you tend to wear when you aren't feeling well but can't take a sick day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger