tattoos

Saturday, November 20, 2010

9/30 Sisters in San Antonio

This past weekend I flew to San Antonio to run a half-marathon.  I had originally planned to run the full marathon, and I chose this particular race for two reasons: the date gave me long enough to adequately train (although in the end my 3-3 load and attempts to still do research did not) and my younger sister lives in San Antonio.  Her 23rd birthday was just a couple of days before I flew in, so I had gone with the plan of having a belated celebration with her once I got there.  My mother also visited my sister that week, and our trips overlapped by a day, so I was able to see my mom too.  It was especially wonderful because I hadn't seen either my mom or my sister since my wedding last January, and probably won't see them again until the summer at the earliest.  My sister agreed to make a special guest appearance here on the blog, and my mom served as our photographer.
On me: 30x30 Items: 7. Dark Wash Bootcut Jeans - Express + 13. Ecru blouse - BCBG + 22. Olive Green Cardi - New York & Co. + 29. Red Mary Janes - John Fluevog
Accessories: Flower Pin - Goody (Target)
On H: Dress - Ross, Tights - Ross, Shoes - Payless
On Saturday my sister and I dropped my mom off at the airport late in the morning, then we went to pick up my race packet and  to do some birthday shopping.  While I know 30x30 includes a shopping ban, I had told Kendi going in that I would still be shopping in part because my winter wardrobe doesn't have what it takes for an upper midwestern winter and in part because I knew I'd want to shop with my sister on this trip.  We ended up with some good birthday loot for her and a couple more wintry items for me - including pants that fit and a warm cardigan, both of which I decided to sub in for unworn 30x30 items.

My trip and our visit were great!  If you want to know how I did in the half, you can read my report on my other blog.

Have those of you in academia ended up living in places close to your families?  Are you able to visit them often?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger