tattoos

Saturday, November 27, 2010

16/30: Deathly Hallows

Last Sunday M. and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1.  I really enjoyed the movie, and I thought the script stayed much truer to the novel than some of the other films have.  I was a bit late to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon, and only began reading the books in the summer of 2005.  I was on a research trip in Madrid and going to Paris for the weekend and wanted some light reading for the train. I was in the train station's bookshop looking for something to fit the bill, when I ended up settling on the first book in the series in Spanish, as the shop didn't have much of an English-language selection.  I read the first book over that weekend, and I bought the next two books when I got back to Madrid.  Since then, I have read all but the last of the books in both Spanish and English.  I haven't had a chance to buy the last book in Spanish yet, but I'm hoping that someone will give it to me for the holidays.
30x30 Items: 11. Black A-Line Skirt - Sandro + 20. Black Turtleneck + Sub. 3 Duck Boots - Ugg
Accessories: Tights - We Love Colors (remixed), Scarf - Target (remixed), Belt - from another dress (remixed)
A couple of weeks ago I was in the office chatting with a couple of my colleagues about movies.  I mentioned how I was looking forward to seeing the new Harry Potter movie, which led to a discussion about the fake book covers for Harry Potter.  I boldly proclaimed that I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen reading them - after all my lectures on early modern witch hunts are peppered with references to the series.

Have you read the Harry Potter novels?  Seen the movies? What do you think of the latest movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger