tattoos

Sunday, November 28, 2010

17/30 & 18/30: Two Day Teaching Week

Last week I only held my Monday and Tuesday classes and took a personal day on Wednesday.  I figured that since my Mon/Wed class is in the afternoon, attendance would be low if I had class the day before Thanksgiving and that since they had a research paper due online the night before that motivation would also be low.  I felt like I could use a break too, especially since I knew I would have to spend part of this holiday break grading papers and getting some other work done.
Monday's outfit was a retake on an outfit that I've worn several times before.  My inspiration for Tuesday's outfit was Vogue's December's Talking Fashion, which featured Rihanna and Dree Hemingway in festive and vibrant fruit-punchy colors.    
 30x30 Items: 4. Plaid Dress - Rabbit Rabbit + 23. Black Ruffle Front Cardi - Willi Smith + 26. Bondgirls - John Fluevog
Accessories: Brooch - Gift from Herr Doktor, Necklace - Etsy (remixed), Tights - Target (remixed)
 30x30 Items: 19. Grey Top - Zara + 10. Red Pencil Skirt - J. Crew (thrifted) + Sub 2. Melon Ruffle Cardi - New York & Co. + 26. Bondgirls - John Fluevog
Accessories: Necklace - Etsy (remixed), Tights - Target (remixed)

After a few days of rest, stuffing my face with pie, and decorating our Christmas Tree, Mr. Giles, I finally feel ready to tackle some grading today -- or I will right after brunch....

American academics, how were your Thanksgivings?  Did you brave the Black Friday madness like thechemist-coture?  Did you shop local for Small Business Saturday?  International academics, how are you guys hanging in there?  How many more weeks of classes do you have before the winter break?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger