tattoos

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weekend Wear: Boho Chic

This past Saturday I took most of the day off from academic responsibilities to run some errands and to enjoy the nice weather with M. and Bailey in the great outdoors.  So I went for this simple and breezy maxi dress.1  I know that some people out there think that women who are not very slim should avoid the silhouette of a maxi dress, but I don't agree with that for one second.  I don't think there is a weight limit for boho chic any more than I do for skinny jeans. 

 1. Dress - Anthropologie (via Ebay)
Cardi - Sweater Works (remixed)
Wedges - Diba (remixed)
Sunglasses - Vintage (via Leproust Vintage)
Necklace - Gift
Purse - Express (Gift and remixed)

I was really excited to wear this necklace that a dear friend made for me and these fun vintage sunnies that came as part of the auction package that I won from Leproust Vintage's Nashville Flood Relief Auction.  If you're a fan of vintage, she has some really fantastic things in her shop.


I'm hoping the weather will be nice enough again in a few days to wear the rest of my auction loot, which included a vintage dress and straw hat.  I'm also looking forward to some nicer weather over the next few weeks to show off my tattoos more since I'm not currently teaching.  Speaking of tattoos, if you have one, you should consider submitting it for our annotated bibliography!  Submissions are due by next Monday, May 24th.  You can get the details here.

Well, it's on to drinking a coffee the size of my head and writing, writing, writing for me here.  What's on your agenda for the day?  Academics and students are you done with classes and finals yet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger