tattoos

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Très Dissertation Chic

I’m entering that final stretch of my PhD program (hooray!). And for the last few months I have been consistently hunched over a computer typing away on postdoc proposals, journal articles, and dissertation chapters.(Boo!) I have to say, as a member of the hard sciences, this writing business blows! I would much rather be tinkering with laser optics or running column chromatography (that’s right I said it, I would rather be purifying compounds than writing). But alas, it’s another sunshiny day and here I am again at the keyboard. Fortunately, I am taking a break to write this post (which is much better than the current draft of my postdoc proposal I can assure you)!


When I am writing I want to be comfortable. But of course, I want to be (loosely defined) stylish too! So today, I’ve busted out my jeans and t-shirt (surprisingly I only own about 3 t-shirts; a deficit I hope to soon remedy as summer approaches). I also wore my favorite summer scarf. And although, I normally only where hats in the winter I decided bring it out for this sunny day too. The resulting outfit made one of my coworkers tell me “…looks like you should be sitting in front of the Eiffel tower with a painter’s canvas and a bottle of wine!” Oh the daydreams that came from that compliment! (le sigh, how I wish that were true). But it’s back to the clickety-clack of fingers on the keyboard for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger