tattoos

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dress Donation

After much thought about which charity to donate to and after much procrastination about removing my lovely dress from my house to take it to the dry cleaners, I have said goodbye to my wedding gown.  I considered donating to Brides Against Breast Cancer, but I didn't want to have to ship the gown across the country because it didn't seem particularly eco-friendly.   I also considered donating it to Goodwill here, but the potentiality of it ending up as a Halloween costume bothered me.  So I decided to have my lovely in-laws (who were here visiting this past weekend) take it back with them to Toronto and take it to a fantastic charity, The Bride's Project, for me.

As much as I loved my gown, I really didn't want to have to move it across the country this summer, especially because we don't know where we'll be after next year.  While I can appreciate the idea of hanging on to a gown so that a beloved daughter or niece can wear it one day, I don't know if I'll ever have a daughter or a niece or if I did if she'd fit into my gown or even want to wear it. Donating it made the most sense to me.  I hope some other bride will be as happy in my gown as I was.

I'll always have the pictures.


(Yep, that's a man under my skirt and it wasn't my husband!  It was thechemist-coture, and he was un-bustling me.) 


Photos by Julian of Julian Allen Photography

So, what about you?  Have you or would you consider donating your wedding gown to charity or buying a wedding gown second-hand? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger