tattoos

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Smelling the Roses, Redux

Since three of us here at Fashionable Academics were taking part in Dress Your Best Week, I didn't have a chance to post this outfit from my last week of classes at small liberal arts college and then it slipped my mind.1  It was one of those days (unlike the past few) where the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and if I was going to have to be indoors I wanted to at least carry my flowers with me.

 1. Dress - Liberty of London for Target (remixed)
Cardi - SweaterWorks (remixed)
Shoes - Fluevog (remixed)
Necklace - Gift (remixed)


In other news, I just took myself off the alternates list for teaching a five week course at R1 University in June and July.  We could certainly use the money and the summer classes that I've taught in the past have been a lot of fun, but it was becoming impossible to plan things related to the move for my job in the fall with all the uncertainty.  That means I won't be doing much shopping for the next couple of months -- which is probably a good thing anyway, as it would just make for more stuff to move with us at the end of July.  I'm not going to go on quite as restrictive of a ban as I did during the first part of the year, but I'll do another post about my restrictions and exceptions sometime soon.

I would love it if my husband and I could find some way to fit a honeymoon in there, but since his dissertation defense date is still up in the air, I'll continue to have to look at Megarita's photos from her amazing honeymoon in the Bahamas.  (There is a separate pot of money for our honeymoon.  It's just a question of whether or not we'll ever actually get to take it.)

Do any of you have any amazing travel plans for the summer?  Are any of you teaching summer courses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger