tattoos

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Wear

I love the weekends! I really like relaxing my rule about no caffeine consumption after noon (during the week, I risk serious nighttime jitteryness if I drink coffee after about 2pm). I revel in the freedom of being able to structure my Saturday and Sunday how I want to. I love talking to my mom on the phone every Saturday morning and having brunch with my fiance on Sundays. I also am really happy to reconnect with the more casual side of my wardrobe on the weekend.

Yesterday I cowgirled up for a day of class prepping and grading and an outing to interview a cake vendor and to have lunch with my fiance, my man of honor, and his husband afterward. I wanted an outfit that was comfy and casual, but that also looked put together. I don't like looking like a slob when I'm meeting with vendors. Yesterday was rainy, windy, and chilly day here, so I went with a layered look on top and skinny jeans tucked into tall boots on bottom.* I was snug and warm and felt chic as I tasted cake, as I walked my dog, and as I wrote a lecture about East Asia and the spread of Buddhism.

Do you dress differently on the weekend? Do you tend to keep an entirely different schedule on the weekend then you do during the week? Do you rely on the weekend to catch up with your own work outside of your teaching and service responsibilities or do you take advantage of the weekend to catch up on blessed sleep and to catch up with friends?

*I'm happy that the skinny jeans and boots look seems to still be in fashion -- although I would probably still wear it the look anyway. It's really practical for gross weather and has such an effortless kind of sophistication to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger