tattoos

Monday, October 5, 2009

Mixing Neutrals and a Pop of Yellow

I've posted before about how I like to mix neutrals and how I've been trying to overcome my (irrational) fear of wearing the color yellow. Today I created a look that mixed neutral browns and greys with touch of yellow for a pop of color. Since the weather continues to be crisp in the mornings, I'm continuing to reacquaint myself with my collection of boots. This morning I opted for brown boots to wear with grey and yellow argyle patterned knee socks, a grey dress, my comfy brown cardigan, the brown and grey scarf, and for a final pop of color, yellow and gold earrings.

It was a cute and comfy outfit for a 12 hour day of office hours, teaching, and running errands on two campuses. The cotton of this grey dress is so soft and comfy. It's like wearing sweats but yet in dress form.

During my commute, I noticed that the leaves are starting to turn color - reds, oranges, golds, yellows. I love the idea of drawing on the colors that I put together in my outfits from nature, so I'm happy that I'm finally to the point where I feel like I can incorporate yellow into my outfits and wardrobe with greater ease. Where do you take your outfit inspiration from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger