tattoos

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Skinny Jeans, Suede Boots, and There's More Than One Way to Tie a Scarf


The other day one of our readers suggested that we do a post on different ways of wearing scarves. I thought of her request this morning as I was getting dressed. I had decided to go with a black skinny jean and a red suede ankle boot below and layers up top. This long grey scarf completed the layered look. I normally wear my scarves in the no tie or the button hole tie mode, but today I decided to do something different. I wrapped the scarf around my neck and then did a center knot, leaving the sides slightly asymmetrical. With my wavy hair in a loose ponytail and some red lip stain, my look was set.

I love my red suede boots. I bought them at Top Shop three years ago in London, and I don't wear them enough -- partly because I always want it to be bone dry when I wear suede shoes and partly because they are such statement boots. When I do wear them, though, they make my feet and me happy. They are shockingly comfortable considering height of their heel. In fact, they are so comfy that they're great for any activity that doesn't involve walking on uneven, wet earth.

Since I am on the curvy side and have what might be called runner's thighs, some people might judge me for wearing skinny jeans. I wear them anyway, but, as it seems to me that almost all skinny jeans that fit a woman who doesn't have legs the shape of pencils are low rise, I feel safer with a belt and/or a longer shirt.

So, dear readers, how do you like to wear your scarves? I'm also wondering if you like the skinny jean look or do you wish skinny jeans would go back to the 80s...? Do you feel like you have to make special accommodations to "pull off" skinny jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger