tattoos

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Autumn Inspired Neutrals

As I've said before, fall is my favorite season. I love the foliage. I love football. I love the sense of a new academic beginning that each fall brings. I also love the return of boots, cardigans, and jackets into my wardrobe rotation. This term Mondays and Wednesdays are long days that involve office hours, teaching two classes, and commuting in between them. Part of how I make it through is to wear something that makes me feel fabulous. Yesterday I put together an outfit that combined the browns, greys, golds, and deep greens of the autumn.

Inspired a bit by Irina's design that mixed so many browns last week on Project Runway, I played with different shades of brown in my blouse, pencil skirt, (barely visible) tights, and boots, combined with grey in the blouse, and green and gold in the cardigan, and gold in the bracelet that I used to add just a hint of extra color to the overall look. I built the outfit around the skirt, which I paid less than $10 for on clearance. It's probably become my most worn piece of clothing this season.

I'd love to hear what your sources of outfit inspiration are! Do you have an item of clothing that you find yourself wearing a lot these days? How do you keep it from getting boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger