tattoos

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Color Phobias Conquered

The other day I made a purchase that didn't surprise me. That it didn't surprise me surprised me. Somehow over the past couple of months, I have started buying and wearing yellow. At first, as I have blogged previously, this was a very conscious effort. I wanted to get over my fears about wearing this color. When I brought this cardigan home, I suddenly realized that the last two or three pieces of clothing that I've purchased were yellow or had some yellow in their print, and I hadn't gone out with any particular mission to buy anything yellow. I have gone from wearing yellow next to never to wearing it about as much as I do any color aside from my favorite, purple.

I really like to pair yellow with grey. I've come to feel that it looks better and rather more chic than it does with just black - probably because black and yellow always immediately calls bumble bees to my mind. Today I wore my new yellow cardigan with a grey pencil skirt, black tights, and my red Mary Janes. I'm really excited to repeat this outfit with my new Bondgirl Fluevog boots when they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger