tattoos

Monday, October 18, 2010

Thinking Pink Day 6

I'm sorry for my disappearance from the blog and from StyleNation in general this past week.  (No) Thanks to a powerful draught of the writing pedagogy Kool-Aid, I went down the rabbit hole to spend a week in grading wonderland purgatory, but I've emerged on the other side of the world stronger and wiser (never again will I assign three classes so much written work within two weeks!) and ready to blog again! 

Last Friday I went to meet a friend for lunch at a local coffee shop with amazing organic food and delicious lattes and cookies.  I took a stack of take-home essays and spent the afternoon marking there afterward, so I knew that I wanted to be dressed comfortably.  The friend that I was meeting is a stylish academic with an amazing boot collection, so I didn't think twice about donning my harem pants that day.1
 1. Harem Pants - Market in Trastavere, Italy (remixed), Shirt - H&M (remixed), Cardi - Say What? (remixed), Shoes - Steve Madden (remixed), Necklace - Etsy (remixed)
For the sunny drive to and from the cafe, I grabbed a pair of thrifted Guess sunglasses.  Bailey wanted to model them here for you, and by that I mean she sulked like the dickens when I put them on her.  What can I say?  Bailey's preferred accessory is the scarf.  
For those of you who are academics, what is your strategy for grading written work?  Do you use a timer?  Do you try to grade all of the papers in one sitting?  Do you use a rubric?  I have tried all of the above, but don't feel committed to any of these methods.  

Do you think harem pants are appropriate for the classroom or for your work place?  Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger