tattoos

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feeling Tweedy

This outfit was for a teaching day. Plum + brown tweed is classic professorial in my mind.
1. Sweater - Gap
Skirt - Express (ages ago)
Scarf - Boutique in Chicago
Maryjanes - New York & Co. via DSW
*I fixed the bump in my hair after photos were taken*


There's something about wearing tweed that makes me feel very professorial when I'm walking across campus in the fall. As if I'm walking through Dead Poets Society. Professorial goes vintage when I top it off with a brown cloche, which I did not do yet this year.
Bias cut skirts are not always kind to the petite and curvy, but this one worked out for me years ago and continues to work for me. Usually bias cut skirts are longer than this one and do strange things to the appearance of my proportions, but the length of this one was perfect--just long enough that I can sit comfortably in it as evidenced by the photograph above. 2. Cafe Nero Cup - Gifted (liberated from London by dear friend)

These maryjanes are one of my most comfortable pairs of shoes. I would prefer to always wear plain pumps and not cut off the line of my leg with straps, but it's just not practical--I'm the awkward sort of academic that will make a move towards the chalkboard and step out of her shoe now and again.

For my body type (which I'm happy with) I've learned that bias cut skirts are usually a terrible idea, but was pleasantly surprised with this one. Do you have similar "exception pieces" in your wardrobes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger