tattoos

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Shining, Gleaming,Streaming, Flaxen Waxen"

That's right, this post is about HAIR! I've discussed turning the smokey eye into something classroom appropriate and what counts as too casusal/formal in conference and other settings, but one thing I haven't talked about is hair. To be honest, I let it do its own thing. No matter how much attention I pay to matching outfits/mascara, my curls are left to dry on their own. They are sometimes rebellious, with tendrils twisting tauntingly (say it three times fast) and making it look like I've weathered storms to get to campus. I finally bought the above barrett to keep them (stylishly) in check on days when that happens.
And here they are, enjoying the wind on the lake at a Point Before Graduate School. How much time do you spend styling your hair? Do you find yourself evaluating how hair is styled in relation to outfits? Would you, like me, walk into a conference session with damp hair?
Barrett: Etsy, via Big Pink Store
Top: H&M
Skirt: H&M (remixed)
Lake: Somewhere in Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger