tattoos

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Query: Is it still called Indian Summer?

Yesterday it was already warm in the morning and I knew it would get up in the high-70s (25.5 C), so I pulled out a favorite Spring/Summer dress. I was going to wear a professional looking black skirt + silk blouse combo, but I decided to take advantage of the last day of warmth. I definitely enjoy dressing for Fall/Winter more than Spring/Summer, but I've really enjoyed this outfit, especially because I thought I had already worn it for the last time three weeks ago--when the temperature dropped to the level that required the landlord to turn on the heat.

1. Dress - Ann Taylor Loft
Cardi - Tiny/Anthro
Cami - Banana Republic
Sandals - Bare Traps via DSW (remixed)

I've decided to forgo jeans in the classroom, so this is likely to be the most casual outfit I will don the entire term. And now that it is mid-term and my students know me and my expectations, I felt it was fine.  Because of my proportions--especially the height factor--I find that drapey, asymmetrical cardigans look best on me over dresses and skirts. Compare the above to pairing it with pants below:

2. Cardi - Tiny/Anthro
T-shirt - Banana Republic
Cropped Cargos - Ann Taylor Loft (remixed)


To be fair, that was the most unflattering photo I took of this outfit, but sometimes those are the most telling. Pairing this sort of cardigan with cropped pants on a shorter body is not necessarily terrible, but it is much more flattering with a monochromatic dress.

To return to the cardi + dress comb, it creates a really great neckline:

3. Earrings - ? (gifted)
Miraculous Medal - National Shrine, DC

Also, I have good news to share:

4. Dress - Girls From Savoy/Anthro (remixed)
Cardi - Banana Republic
Last Wednesday I confined myself to a library computer until 9:30 p.m. in order to finish a paper that had to be sent out and circulated. It was a goal and I met it, and per the revised policy, I got to wear the Twinkle Twinkle Dress on Thursday to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger