tattoos

Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Wear: Skinnies

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you will perhaps remember that I gained a bit of weight during the final stages of dissertating.  While it has been a slow road to get the pendulum swinging in the other directions (I guess a PhD doesn't prevent mixing metaphors, after all), I am finally starting to reestablish some healthy habits in terms of eating.  Also since I've begun training for my second marathon, my exercise routine is getting nailed pretty firmly into place.

While I'm still not back into a number of my pairs of pants (which is partly why I bought the harem pants), I have managed to wiggle my way back into a pair of my skinny jeans.1  As I told A-Dubs over at In Professorial Fashion, I don't wear skinnies for teaching until at least a few weeks into the term and usually then I'd pair them with a blazer.  Unfortunately, I've found that female faculty, and especially younger female faculty, can't take classroom respect for granted.  At any rate, I'm happy to be reunited with my skinnies for weekend wear.

 1. Jeans - Old Navy (remixed), Dress as tunic - Red Dress Shoppe, Necklace - Gift (remixed), Shoes - diba (remixed), Sunnies - Esprit (thrifted and remixed), Botched bangs - me, myself, and I
What are your thoughts on skinny jeans in the classroom?  What are your thoughts on them in general? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger