tattoos

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Apples Outside the Classroom


I just posted grades for the shortest summer session known to man and am celebrating by spending time with my family in Vermont. While I've posted before about how Vermont is more fashion friendly than one might expect, there are still places you're not supposed to wear your classroom gear . One such place is the pick your own apple and peach farm we visited earlier today. I wore a floral blouse with a zippered back and an above the knee skirt (photos coming soon!). At least I didn't wear Steve Maddens like the ones above, though they may have come in handy for knocking those hard to reach apples out of the tree.....

And here's the thing. I didn't expect that my students would appear at the orchard asking for further insights on The God of Small Things, thus potentially (at least partially)justifying skirt and blouse ensemble, but I honestly didn't pack anything casual and it's not cool enough for jeans (even if I had remembered to pack them, which I did not). What are your favorite late summer casual outfits that you feel still look stylish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger