tattoos

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Old Faithful in Monochrome

The dress1 that I wore today to campus is the first thing that I ever wore on this blog.  In that first (sort of) outfit post, I touted the versatility of this dress as a dual-season piece for summer and fall.  In the end, this dress has been even more versatile than I anticipated and has made several appearances on the blog.

For example, this is how I wore it in December of last year:
and February:
and April:
Since I teach an 8am class on Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester, I am more or less on auto-pilot those mornings.  Perhaps, not surprisingly, I have found myself going for dress and cardi or dress and blazer combos.  I've been riding my bike to campus most days, so my attire needs a bit of stretch to it.  My office is colder than a meat locker, so an extra layer is pretty much required (although I do have an "office blazer" to reach for if need be).  Today was no exception, and I went with a monochromatic look with my faithful red dress and a red cardigan.
1. Dress - Nine West (Filene's Basement and remixed), Cardi - Target, Belt - From another dress (remixed), Shoes - r2 (DSW and remixed), Necklace - Thrifted, Ring - Boutique in Salamanca (remixed)
I received two compliments on my shoes from students today and two on my dress from colleagues, so I deem this outfit a success even thought I got dressed in a dark closet at 6:30am.  

How do you feel about monochromatic looks?  How do you feel about 8am classes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger