tattoos

Friday, August 20, 2010

Movin' On Over to Domestic Bliss


Happy Friday, yogi world! Hope you are getting through the last day at work, enjoying sunny end-of-summer weather, and excited about a sweet weekend.

Maybe you're hungry? For some home-cooked healthier-than-fast-food fried chicken, pasta a la vodka sauce, and green beans? Well, if you had been around last night at the newlyweds' new apartment, you would have been in luck!

Yes, that's right. The yummy meal in adorably-red cookware above is the first meal I cooked for me and The Husband at our new place. And man, it was tasty. I felt pretty excited about entering the world of Domestic Bliss. And as I said as we sat down to enjoy the chow, "Who's the wifey now?" Mr. Hubs and Best Man agreed wholeheartedly.

Anyway, sitting down at our little Ikea table complete with red chair-pillows made me think about how grateful I am for many things in my life right now (not just the red kitchen accents -- although those are a little blessing in and of themselves, too!). Without further ado, a quick list for the start to your weekend. What are your reasons for being happy right now?


Top Ten Reasons I'm Happy Right Now

1. I'm married to the greatest guy in the world: my best friend, my biggest supporter, my sexy Mr. Hubs. I love you, now more than ever.

2. I'm so blessed! A new apartment, a Best Man in town to help with the move, several weeks full of adventures including: a limo ride, Minnesota lakes, bumpy small plane rides, dodging leeches in a lake, gettin' a tan, seeing all my family, catching up with friends who I recently realized are amazing beyond amazing, finding an aloe plant to be friends with my little Theo (a bamboo plant), and eating $0.25 wings with the Husband's coworkers at Merle's! Oh, right: and gettin' hitched!

3. The chance to get rid of junk I don't need. I am excited to pack only those items I will truly use and enjoy, and throw the rest out or donate it to charity. I'm ready to take all measures and prevent our family becoming a bunch of pack rats with a garage full of stuff we don't need. Blargh.

4. Reusable coffee mugs. I just got mine from World Market and it's got a cute blue floral print. A little morning reminder of why being green is better than wasting paper, but drinking coffee is always good.

5. Bikram yoga. I'm finally hitting the mat after an almost two-week break. It's the longest I've gone without the heat and I'm starting to feel it! Who knew your big toe joints could get sore after not having awkward pose and fixed firm pose for 14 days? Man, I'm looking forward to flushing out those toxins, too. Oh, and showing off my tan and catching up with teachers and chugging some VitaCoco coconut water after class! I'm squealing with excitement just thinking about it! There may be a double in sight very, very soon...

6. Singing Veggie Tales songs to my nephew over the phone. I can't see him wiggle/dancing in person, but I can hear his happy squeaks and my sister's laughter through the airwaves. Oh, how I miss them so! Wishing her congrats again, though, on the new hire at California Family Fitness. I'm so proud of you, Mama La! And Big Z: A Choo Ma Moo! (I can picture his big grin now...)

7. The Best Man, Sir Nick. I know I've mentioned him about three times already in this post and in the past week or so, but man! I have to give a big shout out to the awesome friend who has hands down earned his wedding title. Sounds silly, I know, but Nick's been helping The Husband and me with so, so much lately! And for goodness sake he endured my mom assigning him tasks during a stressful pre-wedding week, sitting in the car with out-of-town drivers, and sticking it out during late-night Target runs. He doesn't complain about sleeping on the couch, having to carry heavy boxes, or eating the leftovers for lunch. Basically, he's the best. We've gotten to know each other so much since we met a couple summers back and I couldn't be more grateful. And it's decided (and now officially published on the Interwebs): he needs to live in the Chicago area! We love ya, Nick, and couldn't be more thankful for all your help this summer.

8. Gaiam's Annual Sale. Not that I can afford to purchase anything, sadly, but friends should check it out! Cheap and beautiful water bottles, yoga wear, and more. Also keep an eye out for an upcoming post on this lovely Etsy site, Pretty Plum Sugar, which I will be reviewing. She makes gorgeous lounge wear that will make you feel like a yogini princess! Can't wait to try it. I will also be reviewing some iPhone yoga apps in the near future. Stay tuned!

9. The simple things in life: open windows at night, good conversations, cold drinks, songs with crazy lyrics, driving fast and singing songs with crazy lyrics, reading killer blogs, beaches, and laying on the hardwood floor after dinner to let your spine re-align.

10. The weekend. It's that time, finally! Can't wait to lug around furniture, arrange the shit out of it in our place, try out the new bedroom, walk around naked because it's my home (er, after Nick leaves town ha!), hang my yoga mat on the balcony, and be so alive living with the one I love the most!

Sing it: "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes... sayin Eh, Oh! Gotta let go! I want to celebrate and live my life... saying Eh, Oh! Baby let's go!" Thanks, Taio Cruz, for lighting up my afternoon at work and gettin' me pumped for The Big Move.

Get out there, yogis! Do your yoga, take it easy, and love the ones around you.



Photo via Sarah Rhoads Photography. Wouldn't that be a fun spot to relax and picnic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger