tattoos

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roman Holiday, Part I

I'm currently waiting for our moving trailer to arrive so we can start loading it up.  I should probably be throwing the last odds and ends (camel back, random granola, clothes hangers) in boxes, but I decided I'd rather share with you what I wore on our first full day in Rome.1
 1. Dress - Vintage Sears (via Leproust Vintage), Belt - from another dress (remixed), Sandals - Market in Florence, Sunnies - Oscar de la Renta (remixed), Purse - Nine West (remixed)

We spent the first part of the day at the Coloseum and the Forum.  Both M. and I have a fascination with ruins and enjoy reading about Roman history although our fields have nothing to do with it.  I recently rewatched the BBC miniseries I Claudius in preparation for our trip. 
It was hotter than hell that day and we got horribly sunburned, but it was completely worth it.  It didn't help that we completely lost track of time.  Eventually we decided we should eat some lunch and it was already around 2:30 in the afternoon.  Both of us were shocked because we had figured it was around 1:00.
After a late lunch, we made our way up to the Spanish steps and walked from there down to the Trevi Fountain.  I did some shopping along the way.  I was on a quest for harem pants, and I found some flowing cotton pants that weren't harem pants but that I ended up buying nonetheless.  (I bought actual harem pants later.)

Since the wishes that I made at Trevi Fountain in 2006 came true, I figured I had to brave the crowds to throw my two coins in again.
If I'd been thinking, I would have wished for this move to go completely painlessly....  I'll see you dear readers on the other side.  Wish me luck!  Also tell me something that you wish for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger