tattoos

Monday, July 19, 2010

Back at It: Hittin' the Hot Room

Photo Via Lululemon Athletica's Flickrstream.

It's been almost a week since I've done my Bikram duty and I have to say I'm a little nervous to enter the Torture Chamber today.

How do you approach your practice after you've been on a short (or long) break?

Do you find it hard to take class without expectations?

Are you thirstier, more tired, and more distracted?

I have a sneaky suspicion that that's going to be me on the mat today. One of those days where you walk in and go Damn and doggedly set up your space.

Creaky, tight, sizzling. A hot mess for sure.

You resist all through pranayama, but slowly come to realize the heat's got you surrounded and it's going to win the uphill battle. And when you finally let go, the way it softens you actually starts to feel good.

Break me down, Bikram yoga; transform my body and mind.

Set me up for a limber, toxin-free rest of the week. Set me up for the best me there is: the yogi within!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger