tattoos

Sunday, April 18, 2010

She Curses Like a Sailor

Some people have remarked that I curse like a sailor.  Yesterday I thought it was about fucking time that I look the part.  I spent most of the day working on revisions for one of my dissertation chapters.  This chapter is focused on two early modern port cities so I thought it was an appropriate (if rather anachronistic) outfit for the task at hand.  I also couldn't resist mixing metaphors a little bit with this outfit.  It's part sailor uniform and part piratical thanks to my Fluevog Mallory boots.1



1. Dress - Shabby Apple (remixed)
Shirt - ??? (remixed)
Tights - Steve Madden (remixed)
Boots - John Fluevog (remixed)
Swear Rings - Wendy Brandes (remixed)
Steampunk Anchor Necklace - Etsy

I felt strangely motivated to keep working every time that I looked down at my hands on the keyboard and saw my Wendy Brandes Swear Rings.  Perhaps it's because I don't have a whole lot of time left to finish this round of revisions, and the rings reminded me of how much I'll be cursing in a couple of weeks if I don't keep a fire lit under my ass.

Thanks to Etsy sellers and to Wendy Brandes, I have so many amazing and unique pieces of jewelry.  While it's hard to pick a favorite these rings and my Paris hat locket necklace are probably tied for my affections right after my wedding band and engagement ring, which are the only two pieces of jewelry that I wear every day. What is your favorite piece of jewelry?  What piece of your jewelry gets the most wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger