tattoos

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weekend Wear: Hello Kitty Tee

On Sunday I went to brunch, did some lecture writing, went to the library to pick up eight or nine books that I needed for dissertation revisions and/or lecture writing, met up with a friend, and finally came home to do a little more writing.  As an academic, my weekends usually involve just as much work as my weekdays.  So sometimes I need a little extra motivation or self-deprecating humor to keep my fingers on the keyboard.  Sunday I got a little of both, and they came in the form of the graphic t-shirt that my mom gave me a few months ago.1

 1. Hello Kitty "I Love Nerds" Tee - Imaginary People (gift)
Jeans - Express (remixed)
Cardi - Old Navy (thrifted)
Shoes - Kenzie Girl (remixed)
Earrings - Target (remixed)

In a previous post, I wrote about the fact that although I love Hello Kitty, I tend to relegate my more cutesy paraphernalia to the weekend wear category.  I have decided, though, that this little tee might just see the light of day occasionally during the "work week" in the future.  Would I wear it to campus to teach in or to listen to a visiting scholar give a talk?  Probably not -- unless I could find a way to make this tee into a pun about the topic or theme.  However, I might pair it with a blazer or a cardi for a day at the library.  And, since I just ordered several more books, I have no doubt a library day will be coming up soon....

What are your thoughts on graphic tees in the classroom or in your place of work?  How do you like to style them? 

Bonus question: who is your favorite self-professed nerd?  Mine is my husband, but I have to say that I also really adore Tania of What Would a Nerd Wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger