tattoos

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Date Night Tights

On Saturday night M. and I gave our dissertations the slip and went out for dinner at a wonderful local Italian restaurant and for dessert at our favorite ice cream shop in town.  It was good to get out of the house and away from grading and writing and trying to write decent prose after grading.  Plus, it gave me a legitimate reason to wear my new blue footless tights from We Love Colors.1

 1. Dress - Nine West (remixed)
Belt - from another dress (remixed)
Footless tights - We Love Colors
Shoes - Steve Madden
Purse - Harrods (Gift and remixed)
Ring - Boutique in Salamanca (remixed)

For my fourth day of the Oranges and Apples bag challenge I carried this little purse that M. brought back for me from a research trip in London.  I love it.  However, I usually tend to carry larger bags because Lord knows I need to haul at least one monograph, three sticks of gum that fell out of the package, 18 old receipts, and a random finisher's medal from a half-marathon around with me in addition to my wallet, keys, phone, ipod, and lipstick.  Whenever I go out with a neatly organized, smaller purse in hand, I feel almost naked and like a fraud.  Plus, I can't smuggle pints of gourmet ice cream home in these small purses.... 

What do you tend to carry with you in your purse or briefcase?  Are you organized or is it all a (crumbling) facade?  And even more importantly, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger