tattoos

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Monochromatic: Purple

Yesterday, Sally McGraw of Already Pretty posted about creating monochromatic looks, including some great tips for putting such a look together, and I commented that I had done purple monochrome and blue monochrome in the past.  I had never posted these outfits, though, as one was before my blogging days and the other was post-blog, but before I started participating regularly in the cultural phenomenon of outfit of the day style blogging.  So I decided yesterday to go monochromatic and to enclose my body in my favorite color: purple.1

 1. Dress - Zara (remixed)
Tank - NY&Co. (remixed)
Cardi - August Silk (remixed)
Tights - Steve Madden (remixed)
Shoes - Fluevog (remixed)
Earrings - Ebay
Purse - Target


I added my purple hobo bag, filled with all the shit I told you about yesterday, and my students' graded term papers and headed off to campus to lecture about early modern nuns.


I thought that this outfit might garner some comments or raised eyebrows on campus at SLAC, but it didn't.  I guess my colleagues and students are pretty accustomed to my style at this point.  So what do you think?  Too Grimace? Too 1970s Vikings?  Have you done a monochromatic look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger