tattoos

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Passion for Purple

Purple is my absolute favorite color, and, to my great fortune, I think that many hues of it are very flattering on me.  I feel pretty when I wear purple.  I mentioned the other day in my post about fearing yellow that I jump at any chance to wear purple and, I could also add, to acquire a new versatile purple garment or two whenever possible.  So imagine my delight to discover that purple seems to be one of the "it" colors for this fall. In fact, Pantone, the color trend experts, have included a shade called "Purple Heart," along with some other gorgeous non-purply hues, in their Fall 2009 Palette. I have already worn my favorite color a couple of times to teach this semester, and we're not even through the second week of classes. One day I wore a fantastic, belted purple plaid dress that I recently picked up at Filene's Basement.
  Another day I wore an eggplant shirt and brown trousers.

I have to admit that the only reason that I didn't wear purple again today was because I started to wonder if my students would think that I essentially have a purple "uniform."  I also wore a purple shirt and a patterned scarf that featured purple yesterday, as a reward for wearing something with so much yellow the day before.  I figured that was enough of a color fix for a day or so and that I could atleast hold off until Friday before I wear plum, lapis, or lilac again.  I'm aware that I may have a little bit of an obsession.  Am I the only one out there who tends toward wearing one color a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger