tattoos

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The First Lady of Fashion

As I was watching Obama's address last night, I couldn't help be distracted by two things.  One was Joe Wilson's disrespectful outburst.  The other was how fabulous our first lady looked in that sort of dusty rose colored Moschino skirt suit that she was wearing.  I want to own that suit or something very similar!  The brooch was such a nice touch.

I really like the fact that Michelle Obama has supported up and coming designers - particularly minority designers, such as Thakoon Panichgul,  even as it has earned her some criticism from famous designers, such as Vera Wang.  I love that she bares her buff arms.  I love that her sense of style seems to meld common sense with confidence and power with youth.  I think she always looks smart and polished in addition to being smart and polished.

I hesitated to blog about this because I do take healthcare reform seriously, and I don't want our readers to think that I was *that* distracted.   But having read way too much political blog today, my blood was starting to boil.  How could I achieve a happy, feel-good state once more?  Well, since I can't afford the suit, looking at it online, thinking about the gorgeous seamwork in the back, and writing about it was the next best thing.

What do you think about the first lady's style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger