tattoos

Monday, September 21, 2009

Mixing Neutrals

A few years ago, I thrifted a scarf that made me re-think the way that I wore neutral colors. Prior to the discovery of this scarf, which beautifully blends grey with browns and greens, I wouldn't have considered wearing brown and grey together. I rarely would have combined grey with black and wearing black and brown together seemed like a fashion faux pas. This scarf quietly revolutionized my wardrobe - or atleast the way that I looked at my wardrobe - for less than $3.00. Suddenly, I was wearing grey pants with brown and white heels, a brown blouse and the scarf. Suddenly I was wearing a grey dress with brown tights, brown boots and the scarf. Suddenly, I was wearing a Carrie Bradshaw inspired outfit of grey capris, bronze strappy sandals, a funky brown top, aviator shades, and the scarf as a doo-rag. Mixing neutrals was not only possible. It was easy. It was fun. I still frequently employ this scarf when I want to mix browns and greys. I'm not quite comfortable with the doo-rag and aviators look while teaching, but the scarf also works well as a headband. I wore it for a day of teaching and meetings the other day with a funky brown skirt that I bought in Spain a few years ago, a grey shirt, and brown wedges. Do you and how do you like to mix neutral colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger