tattoos

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Grey Day Requires Hello Kitty Punk Rock Power

When I woke up this morning, I found myself faced with a grim, grey day with few prospects of sun and the chance of scattered showers. While I didn't have to teach today, I did have a few errands to run on campus and I had to take my dog to the vet. I had a crappy attitude about having to do all these things, and I knew I needed to shake it off quickly. I thought of the things in my closet that were surest to help: my Hello Kitty Punk rain boots (a gift from my ever-so-thoughtful fiance), my bright pink umbrella, and an-almost as bright pink scarf. Combined with a simple black, cotton dress from target, I felt armed with my boots and accessories to face the rainy day ahead. With my mood brightened, the day suddenly didn't seem so grey. By early afternoon it actually was no longer grey, so, before heading to the vet's, I ditched the scarf and umbrella and traded my boots for black flats. Maybe Hello Kitty didn't change the weather patterns, but her cute face and love of punk sure helped me to power my way through the first part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger