tattoos

Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Wear: Anniversary Outfit

My spouse and I celebrated one year of marriage on Saturday.  M. made us a yummy brunch, and we spent a good part of the day on the couch in our pajamas with blankets and books.  In the evening we went out for dinner and drinks, and then we stopped by a friend's housewarming party for a couple of hours.  It was the first time we'd been out on a date for a few weeks, and I had a really good time.
 (Shirt - New York & Co., Shirt worn under - H&M (remixed), Skirt - New York & Co., Tights - We Love Colors (remixed), Boots - John Fluevog Bondgirls (remixed), Necklace - Wendy Brandes (remixed), Ring - Boutique in Murrano (gift and remixed)

I wore a mix of very old and new items that have never managed to make it on the blog before.  I've had this top since 2003 or 2004.  I used to wear it all the time when I was a graduate student.  Back then I loved to pair it with jeans and heels, and it reminds me of a time when I was young, svelte, and had a strangely unflappable self-confidence.  This top also holds extra special memories for me because I wore it the first time I ever lectured in a big class of almost 200 students.  The past couple of years, though, since I've been a faculty member instead of a grad student, I've been hesitant to wear sequins in the classroom (maybe sequins are the key to strangely unflappable self-confidence...).  I bought the skirt in November when I was shopping with my sister in San Antonio, and this was my first time wearing it.
Like I've said, this first stretch of GAAD is pushing me to excavate my closet and wardrobe.  As promised, bit by bit I'm revealing to you some of the microhistories of my closet and working my way through a number of un(der)worn pieces.  And I still have a ways to go with this, so I'll be sitting out 30x30 this time. 

What's an item in your closet that holds special meaning for you?  What do you think the key to unflappable self-confidence is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger