tattoos

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Natural Color

On Monday I celebrated wrapping up my semester and grading final exams by going to get my hair cut and colored.  I've been growing out my short pixie, but I needed a transitional cut to make me feel put-together and confident rather than shaggy and unkempt for the holidays and an upcoming conference.
(Dress - Target, Shirt - H&M, Tights - Target, Knee Highs - We Love Colors, Boots - Ugg)
I asked my new stylist to get rid of the dark auburn red (which I realize hasn't always photographed very true) and to return me to my natural hair color, which is a very dark brown.  I also had her cut the back of my hair, give me bangs, and shape the sides so that my hair will grow into a graduated bob over the next few months.  After the incredible busyness of this past semester and trying to do a bit of research and writing and to eat dinner with M. most nights on top of a full teaching load and doing committee work, I realized that I needed and will need a hairstyle that requires less maintenance.  I can't be dealing with roots and the need for a hair cut every four to six weeks.  I'm even considering moving away from coloring my hair at all over the next year.  Currently I'm torn between the fact that I enjoy changing my hair color a couple of times a year and the idea that letting my greys come in might be rather liberating.
Do you color your hair?  Have you transitioned away from coloring your hair?  Why?  And what are your tricks for getting through awkward transitional hairstyles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger