tattoos

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Favorite Outfits of 2010

During a break from looking at sixteenth-century manuscripts, I picked out my favorite outfits for all twelve months of 2010.  I found myself gravitating toward outfits that involved dresses and skirts more than jeans and trousers and to a surprising amount of black and white for someone who loves color so much.  (Incidentally, reader Suzanne asked on a recent post about mixing black and white patterns, and I'm planning a full post on this topic.  For now, though, I'll say that my general philosophy is to use black and white patterned items as I would other neutrally colored items.  I mix them with any color, such as in my favorite outfit in June.  I also love to mix black and white prints with other patterns, as evidenced by May's favorite and one of my honorable mentions and Tuesday's outfit.)  To see my favorites and a couple of honorable mentions, click through the jump.





January
A Fashionable Academics Wedding
February
Q & A With La Historiadora de Moda
March
Dress Challenge Day 2
April
Decorating My Own World
May
Dressing My Best for Blogger Breton Stripes Day
June
Girls' Night Out 
July
An Unblogged Outfit in Rome
August
Weekly Works Cited 8/22/10
September
The Return of Peacockery
October
Thinking Pink Days 3 & 4
November
Tricks of the Camera
December
30/30 Finally! Finals & Finale
Honorable Mentions
Insnared with Flowers I Fall on Grass
Channeling My Inner Coco
25/30 & Friend Friday: Blogger Burnout
I wore eight of these fifteen outfits for teaching and two on days I was working from home. I wore one to meet other bloggers for brunch, one to meet friends/colleagues for coffee and work in a coffee shop, and one to go out on the town with girlfriends.  I wore one on my wedding day (yes, I am Captain Obvious) and one on my honeymoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger