tattoos

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Epic Blogger Meetups

Yesterday M. and I went to meet up with my amazing and stylish Canadian colleague from In Professorial Fashion, A-Dubs.  As I suspected, she is a delightful, brilliant, and charming woman with a gorgeous sense of style and our meetup was just as epic as the sign indicates.*  We met for an afternoon drink and chat at the lounge of the a posh downtown Toronto hotel, the Royal York.  I decided to trot out some new tights and to wear my favorite Fluevog boots for the occasion.1  A-Dubs was also wearing some fantastic boots!2  Many thanks to M. for the photos!
I'm completely absorbed by whatever A-Dubs is saying in this one.
Admiring our bootage.

We had a great time talking about all sorts of things, including our blogs, bloggers, academia, academic style blogs, family, boots, and furry roommates, among other things.  It truly was epic, and I hope we can meet again sometime soon!

Today I met up with the lovely Kristin of K.Line.  I've been reading her blog for over a year, so I was very excited to meet her in person.  We met for lunch at the Windsor Arms and conversation.  Kristin is just as talented, smart, chic, and funny as I expected she would be.  We also did some shopping, and let me tell you: this woman is my freakin' muse! I was thrilled to have a shopping partner in crime, and I scored some excellent loot at Club Monaco and Cole Haan.   We didn't take any photos, but I had a wonderful time!  (No doubt I'll be showing off my purchases at some point soon here on the blog.)

It's always fun to meet bloggers and to see how similar their personalities seem to be to the personas they have crafted online.  I could easily see myself being good friends with both of these ladies IRL.  Have you ever met up with other bloggers?  Did you obsess about what you would wear?  What you would talk about?

1. Top - H&M (remixed), Cardi - Target, Skirt - Zara, Tights - HUE, Mallory Boots - John Fluevog (remixed), Necklace - Etsy (remixed)
2. Dress - Max Azria, Leggings - Groggy, Cardigan - Smart Set, Boots - Browns

*A-Dubs agreed to face obfuscation rather than head cropping so that we could advertise the epic nature of this meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger