tattoos

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

GAADfly

Although I'm somewhat extremely terrified by it, I will be joining the likes of Style UnderdogCynthia, and Rad and going on The Great American Apparel Diet (GAAD) as of January 1.  I've given it a lot of thought, and I'd like to spend this next year focusing my financial resources on some things other than clothing.  I'd like to make a dent in my student loan debt and to donate more to some charities.  I'd also like to do some traveling and run some more races.  So I will not be buying any new clothing during 2011.

I will allow myself emergency job market related purchases if the need arises, and I'll allow myself a couple of new footwear purchases.  (I'll need to replace my running shoes in June if I run the number of miles I intend to by then, and I'll allow myself a pair of Fryes or Fluevogs when I get a couple of publications off of my desk.)  At the end of every three months without shopping, I'll allow myself $50 for thrifting and accessories.

But in the meantime, I have so many clothes that I haven't even worn yet, more still that I've never worn on the blog, and even more that I've only worn a couple of times and should definitely get more use out of.  I offer you Exhibit A:
 Dress - ModCloth (remixed), Cardigan - Anthropologie (Xmas gift from M.), Boots - Coconuts Rosetta (DSW), Tights - We Love Colors
I received this cardi from M. for Christmas.  I purchased the boots in San Antonio when I was shopping with my sister, but I hadn't worn them until today because of 30x30 and traveling, and I've worn this ModCloth dress maybe 5 times since I bought it last fall....

I have some other sartorial resolutions and some thoughts on where I'd like to see my blogging here on FA go in 2011 that I'll be posting sometime soon.  For now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on GAAD or on shopping bans and budgets.  Would you consider joining GAAD?  And I'd love to hear what's working well for those who are GAADflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger