tattoos

Monday, December 6, 2010

Last (Day) Look


For my last day with my students I fought back the urge to go more casual and, instead, wore my favorite jacket. Besides the fact that I love the polka dots, the asymmetrical yellow buttons, the 3/4 sleeves, I love the fit of this jacket. If you are petite, as I am, jackets and blazers must come in a petite size. Don't even think about trying out a regular sized jacket unless, maybe (and this fails 50% of the time also), it's either from a more youthful oriented line/store (Urban Outfitters/Delias) or from European/UK brand (Top Shop, Oasis, and Monsoon tend to be cut narrower in the shoulders).

























jacket - Ett Twa/Anthro * cami - Banana Republic
trousers - Talbots (remixed) * socks - GAP * maryjanes - New York & Co. (remixed)
scarf - Santiago, Spain (remixed) * earrings - gifted


You may also notice my awesomely glossy hair. I saw my stylist again last week. Back in September when I first started blogging at FA I discussed my hair and my anxiety that my long and wavy hair was not appropriate for the classroom given my youthful appearance. Commentators urged me not to cut for the classroom. I went to my stylist and told her I wanted to keep in long (I had contemplated cutting off 4-6 inches) but tidy. I'm grateful I did this, especially because I'm happy with the length right now and will continue to grow it longer. On days when I felt that my hair was too carefree for the classroom I simply put it up or dressed more professionally. What I learned: If anything didn't go the way it should in my classroom, it was not because of my hair. My hair is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger