tattoos

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ok it is official Hell is going to freeze over!

This morning at 6:20 my darling hard to wake, pull the covers back over her head six year old, got up on her own and got dressed without me asking a zillion times! This is what greeted me at 6:20 am this morning.


This has been going on all week, a little bit of background on this for you. At the beginning of the school year we had an au pair that was living with us who was responsible to for getting the kids ready and off to school in the morning as well as picking them up and staying with them till we returned home in the late afternoon. For reasons I will save for a different post, we let our au pair go and went the normal route of getting the kids up early and taking them to their respective schools where they were in before and after care. I was now the person waking the kids up in the morning. My daughter while usually chipper, is not so chipper when she is woken up. She prefers to do it on her terms. So I bought an alarm clock, a cute princess one which we set at night and she would wake up to in the morning, my thought was that I would set it about 10 minutes before she needed to get up so she could wake up a bit. No dice; it lasted all of about 3 nights and she begged me not to set the alarm anymore. So the clock has sat on her nightstand for months, 7 to be exact. Suddenly on Sunday night my daughter told me as I tucked her in; that she set her alarm so she could wake up in the morning. I said great; knowing she would have a fit when it went off the next morning. To my surprise she didn't; she woke up turned it off and came to find me while I was getting ready. The same routine repeated itself Monday night into Tuesday morning, and Tuesday to Wednesday. So on Wednesday night I said here are your clothes for tomorrow when you wake up why don't you get dressed that way you will have more time for breakfast. To my surprise she not only got up and got dressed she tried to do her hair! I am not sure how or why this has happened but I am going to enjoy it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger