tattoos

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I needed a mental health day!!!


I woke up this morning with every intention to have a normal day. I worked out this morning, came upstaris to get my cup of coffee and quickly read my email; then it all fell apart. I was going to leave at 2pm today anyway so that got me to thinking why go in? Then hubby got up and we sat and had a cup of coffee together. All the while I was thinking why don't I just call in sick. That I did! A mental health day of sorts!!!

So there we sat for another 45 minutes before Lauren woke up then soon after the little man was up. I made breakfast for them and let them watch TV just like it was a weekend. Lauren was so sad at first that she would miss her friends at before school daycare by staying home with me till school started but soon got over it. I asked her if she would like it if I picked her up from school today instead of her going to after care. She was so excited that she was going to go to the kiss and ride line instead of the daycare line when school was over she made up a song, don't ask me the tune of the wordsI suck at music. I drove Lauren to school and dropped her off in the kiss and ride line when it hit me I don't get to see her walk into school like a big girl because I walk her into daycare in the morning. So she gets out of the car says she'll see me this afternoon and then meets up with 2 older girls and talks to them as she walks into school all the while my heart was full of love for my girl and saddens that I don't get to see this everyday. Oh if I could just work from home so I could be there for all those momments.

After dropping her off I headed to the craft store to picked up some items I needed to finish a couple of new crafts I am working on. After that stop, I went to Starbucks for a Mocha, then headed home. Once home I planted a couple of plants that I have been meaninig to get to then hosed off the deck. I then grabed a shower and started on my crafts. Which BTW are done, but that is for another post.

So here I am in the recliner, tv on enjoying my much needed Mental Health Day. But shhh don't tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger