tattoos

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Super Nanny where are you????


Terrible 2's have nothing on the terrible 3's....Ok for the last couple weeks we have had issues in our house when it comes to bed time and I think they are starting to spill over into little man's over all behavior. it is so bad that I am ready to call in Supper Nanny because I feel like I'm at wits end.

My son is a night owl, unfortunately I am not nor does our schedule allow for him to be. We typically get up the kids up at 6:30am in order to leave the house by 7:15am to get him daycare and my daughter to school. We are home by 5:30pm and we do the normal eat dinner, play, have a bath and bed. I shoot for bedtime by 8pm for the kids but it never seems to be before 9. Even then it is an hour or more of "I am hungry"... "I need a glass of water" and what I like to call the power of poop! My son is potty trained with the exception of nighttime so he wears a pull up and knows that if he says he has to go poop we will take him and that means getting out of bed, hence power of poop! So by the time he finally settles down it is nearly 10pm and I know for a fact that he has been up past that but stays in his room quietly. Well now he is starting to have discipline problems at school and I am convinced it is lack of sleep. I know how I am when I have not had enough sleep. To add to this and I know this may sound selfish but I would like to have at least an hour to myself or with my husband which with a bedtime of 8pm would give me till about 9 or 9:30 ... have I mentioned before that I get up at 5am to work out??? by 9pm I am totally dragging.

So to my mom bloggy friends do you have any suggestions on how to get him to bed and keep him in bed??? If I don't hear back from you I will have no choice but to write ABC and the Super Nanny show!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger