tattoos

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Flaky Friends


OK we all have them flaky friends those who forget scheduled outings or show up late all the time, or those who simply can't seem to get it together. This topic comes to mind today because I have some friends who I dearly love and the 6 of us have one common bond. I am keeping that bond a secret to protect who I may be blogging about :)

Newest member of the famed 6 has been notorious for her flaky moments. Once she showed up on the complete wrong day for an event only to find the baby sitter at the house to which the event was suppose to take place ... the next day! OK we have all been there a flubbed an appointment, so I give you that one! The next flake out was 6 weeks later when she completely didn't show to our scheduled group outing only to call us the next day after she received an email from us saying we were sorry we missed her. She emailed back saying how sorry she was that she missed it and that she thought it was the next night. Do you see a pattern here??? Now just this week we had a dinner outing planned with the 6 of us and our husbands to a new Brazilian Steak house downtown, we set this up on Jan 5th calendars in hand at the time we set the date. So what do I see in my email in box this morning. " I am so sorry I can't make it to our dinner, my husband is going to be out of town and I have my international dinner club that night."

Now some of you may be saying "Steph wake up you are being blown off" but I nor the others in the group think so because she has been to a few other parties/outings with us. I personally think she just can't seem to get it together. She is a working mom of a 17 year old and an 11 year both of which are very mature and extremely self sufficient unlike my 3 and 5 year old (by the way between all of us we have 12 kids and they range in age from 17 to 16 months) so if anyone should be a bit flaky it's me! I work full time in a pretty demanding job (so does she) and I still try to be super mom to my kids who are 3 and 5 and my husband is in the Military need I say more?? I just don't get it!

Sorry to vent but I had to get it off my chest because it has bugged me since this morning when I received the email and the emails within the group about her have been flying all day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger