tattoos

Friday, February 18, 2011

Some days I just don't care

Does it ever get to you? I know, stupid question, right? We are all busy. But at some point we start to get pulled in about fifty different directions and something has to give. For me, I really do love clothes, color and choosing what I wear. But at some point, I just go with whatever's on a hanger and shoot out the door. Such was today. I wore jeans, casual brown leather shoes and an orange v-neck sweater I picked up outlet shopping a few weekends ago. It wasn't my most professional, but I think it was okay for a day where my students were giving research presentations. What do you think?
1. Jeans --Levi (Target)
2. Shoes-- Sketchers
3. V-Neck-- Banana Republic
4. Button up--Banana Republic

I've been trying to pick up my game on getting healthier. Now that I'm no longer dissertating-- I can't legitimize the massive bowls of ice cream anymore (and if you knew my love for ice cream, you would know how hard it is for me to write that). I've picked a gym. It's such a luxury that I haven't had. Ever since I was in the undergrad I have been automatically enrolled in a University gym.

(being a chemist I almost chose this gym solely on the name)

I've started eating a little healthier, too. I even got creative and made this terribly sappy lunch on Valentines Day! I call it my "beeting heart." I'm such a nerd.

But with everything that I'm trying to do personally, professionally and physically fitness-wise sometimes fashion is the first thing to go. How about you guys? What is the first thing off your plate whenever you've gone into overload mode? Do you get slack about your dress in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger