tattoos

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The child care dilemma

A hot topic of discussion in our house recently has been childcare, as you may know we have a Nanny/babysitter Celia who has been with us since June. Celia will not be able to stay and care for the newborn as the steps in our house will make it to difficult for her to get around with the baby safely. However that doesn't make the conversation of letting her go or the task of finding anyone any easier.

We have had endless hours of conversation about daycare vs. a nanny vs. an au pair. All have the their pluses and minus and I am leaning towards a nanny in the home which would ease things for us with regard to the kids being pick up and dropped off at school but then the question is how do you find the right person. Celia was refereed to us by our close friends and neighbors.

Yesterday I worked from home in between appointments at the OBGYN and my son's preschool to celebrate his 4 1/2 year birthday (more on this tomorrow). While I was sitting at the desk in our home office I noticed that Dan had left me an article from the Washington post. It struck me because the picture associated with the article was of a newborn in the palms of someone's hand. I read on to find it was about childcare and was titled "Who Should Care for This Child?" check it out

I read this article and felt as if it were written just for me as a way to say "it is ok, it will all work out,stop feeling as though you are on an island alone because your not! " I felt compelled to send an email to Thank the author for her article. Something I don't' normally do. If I hear back I will be sure to let you know.

Now I know the blogshpere is made of both stay at home moms (SAHM) and working moms (WM), so to all of you I ask what do you think the pros and cons of day care vs. in home care are???

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger