tattoos

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My life is a roller coaster.....but I don't think I would have it any other way!!!!


OK it seems as though some of you (who will remain nameless) get a little testy when I don't post! I love it, it means that some people are really reading my blog and liking it!!! But seriously I am fine, just a bit overwhelmed as a matter of fact I am typing this at my desk and yes the posted time is correct! Since the company sales conference I went to Friday thru Sunday I have not been able to catch my breath let along write a blog post. So I am fine I haven't dropped off the face of the earth and thanks for your concern. Now to the business meeting.

Riddle me this batman! ...How do you fly 50 people in after a full work week and have the following schedule!

Friday arrive and dinner at 6:30 PM till 10:30 PM
Saturday Breakfast at 8 meeting starts at 8:30 PM till 5 PM
Saturday night 5:45PM (yes I got a whopping half hour to get changed and cleaned up can you tell there were a bunch of men there?) bus leaves for the boat dock for a dinner cruise (trust me it wasn't all that and I hate being stuck somewhere) this excursion ended at 10:30 which got us back to the hotel at 11 PM
Sunday Breakfast at 7 am meeting starts at 7:30 AM till 1:30 PM
I have a 4 PM departure and arrived home at 7:30 PM

I was *&^king whipped! I worked from home yesterday in between doing laundry straighting the house up and various other motherly tasks, yet here I sit at 6:54 PM at my desk 36 miles away from home typing!

Comical observations from the conference:
A gentleman who is new to the company introduced himself to me and within 2 seconds of "Hi I am Scott nice to meet you" he said "and my wife has breast cancer but don't worry it is 98% curable." I was floored, what do you say! But then I overheard him with many others with the same line, just seemed very odd to me as it did to others I talked to.

One of the speakers a Sr. VP addressed the entire meeting with his fly down!

One of my sales people showed up at 7:50 am for our 7:30 am meeting looking as though he had just had a fight with a raccoon seems that drinking with the young sales people will 2:30 am then getting up and shaving at 7 am didn't work out to well for him. his entrance was looked as though it was right out of a sense from Seinfeld complete with sunglasses wild hair and toilet paper stuck to his bloodletting face.

So as you can see I have been busy the last few days!

I must tell you that Dan did a fabo job with the kids on Saturday everyone got to their games and pictures on time dressed and ready to go as a matter of fact one of the moms told me yesterday at soccer practice that he was rather impressive! Later in the week I will have a post about the things I learned at soccer practice!

So I am back behind on my blog reading that I thought I could do while I was away but I am sure I will catch up over the next few days.

I have great posts rattling around in my head so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger