tattoos

Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Vacation

Well let me first give you a little history! We have gone to the beach 2 other times with families once to the Outer Banks and then last year to LBI. This by far was the best of them all. Outer Banks I now realize had a lot of tension between families never a good thing on a vacation. Last year we got rained out, it rained from Saturday night when we got there to Wednesday morning when we left because we couldn't take it anymore.

This year it rained only the night we arrive monsoon rains, I thought to myself oh no here we go again. We woke up Sunday morning to the sun beaming in our window. Could it be that the curse was broken? Yes it was and we had 6 glorious days!

We shared a house with 2 other families, in total there were 6 adults and 5 kids which consisted of 3 16 year olds and my 6 and 4 year old. Quite the age range. The teens of course were on the late to bed late to rise program and my kids were on the late to bed early to rise program. It really worked out ok.

As for our house it was one of those homes that grow on you, at first I was not impressed by what I saw but as the hours then days went on it grew on me. It was a house that was built in 1954 and had been renovated in 1974 with the needed improvement such as microwave, tv, etc. Why you are thinking do I care about how old the house was? Well at Long Beach Island (LBI) ocean front beach homes typically are million plus homes ridiculous sized homes! Some of them rent as high as 15K a week.Way out of our range even with 2 other families. So if you were out on the beach and looked at the houses down the beach all you saw were mc mansion after mc mansion. I came to love our little house, it felt inviting warm and most of all comfortable. Ok with the exception of the bed we had which had mattress with two huge dips in it where it looked like two elephants had slept for 15 years! Other then that it was a quaint house and I loved it!













This isn't a great picture but at the very top it shows our house next to the big one on the other side, then if you look down the coast line here are all the other houses.

Every morning we would get up get my kids some breakfast then head out to the beach for morning playtime. The best part of this is that our house was right on the beach! all we had to do was walk over the sand dune and bam there you were. It made going back and forth with fickle kids a breeze. That was pretty much our day back and forth to the beach finally coming home at 5 for cocktails, showers and dinner and yes in that order.


























Each night we had a theme night for dinner One night was Polish night we made perogies and they were to die for think of dumplings only better. Then there was Italian night Seafood night yum my mouth is watering thinking about it. I put on 5 lbs because all I seemed to do was eat drink and sit on the beach. Ah the life.











I told Dan that since we live a fast paced double career life that we need to do this kind of vacation every 6 months. First it was inexpensive as far as family vacations for 4 are concerned and it was totally low stress just the right environment to relax regroup and recharge. He agreed so next year LBI here we come now I need to come up with a winter plan I am sure I will find something.

I took a ton of pictures some of which I have included in this post the others can be seen below. Enjoy!

Click to play LBI 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger