tattoos

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Nerve of some people, no matter what you give people want more.

So Abby has arrived and the kids are thrilled! I must admit I am as well. Unfortunately things ended on a bit of a sour note with Celia. Minutes before I was to get on a conference call Friday morning (I was working from home) Celia decides to hit me with "When are you going to pay me for Vacation time since I have been here a year". I was dumbfounded, befuddled, perplexed, bewildered, baffled, basically at a complete loss for words!

I distinctly remember having a conversation with her where I said if you need vacation let us know and we will work it out with you. Now I am sure there are some who will say I owed it to her but before you accuse me of being unfair let me say that we provided her 3 1/2 weeks of time off when we were on vacation AND WE PAID HER FOR IT!!!!! There were countless days where I would tell her not to worry about coming in till noon so I could drop off the kids or days I or Dan came home early let her go, a;; the while paying her as though she worked the whole day.

I had literally 5 minutes to spare and I went up to our bedroom to wake up my husband to ask him if he had made some sort of arrangement that I was not aware of. He of course had not and I asked him to please handle it with her as I had a full day of calls and appointments to deal with and could not get bogged down in a long drawn out conversation.

He ended up given her a weeks pay, much to my dismay. I felt as though I had been shaken down for money and I was and am not at all pleased about it. I gave her nearly 2 months notice before letting her go and told her should she find another job during that time I would make arrangements. I gave her a good reference even though she has never been on time and does not have good discipline with my kids. I felt a bit used. Seems I can never win in the caregiver gig, no matter how nice or how tough I am I still get burned, hopefully I have better luck in the fall when we hire a new Nanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger